With the average price of a home in Los Angeles costing nearly $500,000, it is no wonder that many people find themselves renting a home, apartment, or condo. Here’s how to cheap get renters insurance with a top company.
Why Buy Renters Insurance?
Renters often don’t realize they need renters insurance, which is a type of homeowners coverage. Renters insurance covers three main items:
* Your personal possessions.
* Liability coverage in case a visitor is injured in your residence.
* Additional living expenses, if your rental is damaged and you need to live elsewhere while it’s repaired.
The basic types of damage that Los Angeles renters insurance protect you against include:
* Lightning, windstorms, and hail.
* Explosions, electrical damage, and plumbing damage.
* Theft, vandalism, and riots.
* Fire and smoke damage.
Notice that damage from floods and earthquakes are not included in this list. You need to add coverage for these perils, or have a separate policy covering them, if you live in a flood or earthquake zone.
Find the Best Rate Online
To find the cheapest renters insurance available in Los Angeles, you need to visit an insurance comparison website. There, you’ll type in your insurance information, including;
* Your name.
* The address or your rental.
* What type of pets you have.
* The number of units in your building.
* The amounts of coverage you want.
The best insurance comparison websites also offer an online chat feature, allowing you to get fast, accurate answers to any questions you have about Los Angeles renters insurance. (See link below.)
Once you submit your renters information, you’ll receive quotes from multiple A-rated insurance companies. Then you can simply compare the quotes and choose the company with the best rate.